The Friends of the Walkertown Library is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose purpose is to help develop and improve Branch resources and services. Our organization has nearly 200 active members who generously contribute both time and money to help support our mission.
The Friends of the Walkertown Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. Current board members are:
- President: Dawn Mijac
- Vice President: Janey Flynn
- Treasurer: Sue Heckmann
- Secretary: Erica Ververs
- Board Members: Frances Baird, Wallace Baird, Christine Brown (Youth Advocate), Judy Fink, William Itterly, and Carol Lackey
What do our Friends do?
- Official sponsor of the Summer Reading program
- Funds year round programming for children and adults
- Hosts cultural and educational events
- Purchases books and other materials for the Branch collection
- Raises community visibility and awareness of the Branch
- Purchases equipment, including furniture, computers, and more for the Branch
- Community advocacy on behalf of the Branch
- Hosts annual children’s holiday party
- Maintains a booth at the annual Walkertown Fall Festival
- Holds spring and fall book sales
The Friends of Walkertown Library also sponsors a Memorial and Honor Book Program. Help the Walkertown Branch Library grow its collection while creating a lasting gift in memory or in honor of a loved one or friend. For more information, please download our Memorial and Honor Book Program brochure.
Become a Member or Donate
Yearly memberships are $5.00 for individuals and $10.00 for families. To join, download and fill out our membership brochure. Checks may be made payable to Friends of the Walkertown Library and mailed to 2969 Main St. Walkertown, NC 27051.
For more information, call the Walkertown Branch Library at 336-703-2990, email Friends of the Walkertown Library at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Friends website at www.friendsofthewalkertownlibrary.org.